mission statement, Vision and AIMS
Children at the heart of everything we do, Hillside Nursery School at the heart of the community we serve.
Our vision for every child at Hillside Nursery School is:
- To be a competent, confident learner and communicator
- To be healthy in mind, body and spirit
- To be secure in their sense of belonging
- To know they make a valued contribution to the society in which they live
- to provide quality care and education for all our children and support for their families.
- to develop a caring ethos, where everyone is treated with respect.
- to build partnerships with parents, carers, Governors and the wider community which collaborate, innovate and share.
- to offer a stimulating and challenging curriculum which meets the needs and interests of all our children and engages, enriches and extends children's learning.
- to foster a positive attitude towards learning, through praise and celebration, so that each child experiences enjoyment and satisfaction from achievements.
- to provide equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, belief and ability.
- to establish high expectations of behaviour and to help children develop understanding of self-discipline and a sense of responsibility for their own actions.