Hillside Nursery School follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The curriculum is made up of 3 Prime Areas and 4 Specific Areas of Learning. All areas are important and inter-connected and centre around the individual needs of each unique child.
The 3 Prime Areas
- Communication and Language - Listening and attention, Understanding, Speaking
- Physical Development - Moving and Handling, Health and Self Care
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - Making Relationships, Self Confidence and Self Awareness, Managing Feelings and Behaviour
The 4 Specific Areas
- Literacy - Reading and Writing
- Mathematics - Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure
- Understanding the World - People and Communities, The World, Technology
- Expressive Arts and Design - Exploring and using Media and Materials, Being Imaginative
The Nursery is well-equipped to ensure that the children have a broad range of play opportunities. The activities planned by staff follow the children’s interests and present each individual child with the challenging next steps in their learning. The children have opportunities to make choices from the wide range of resources available to support their autonomous play.
Click here to link to The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage