Hillside Nursery School like all other Early Years providers must by law deliver the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage, (EYFS).
The curriculum is made up of 3 Prime Areas and 4 Specific Areas of learning. All areas are important and inter-connected and centre around the individual needs of each Unique Child.
The 3 Prime Areas
- Communication and Language - Listening and attention, Understan ding, Speaking
- Physical Development - Moving and Handling, Health and Self Care
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - Making Relationships, Self Confidence and Self Awareness, Managing feelings and Behaviour
The 4 Specific Areas
- Literacy - Reading and Writing
- Mathematics - Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure
- Understanding the World - People and Communities, The World, Technology
- Expressive arts and design - Exploring and using media and materials, Being imaginative