Hillside Nursery School follows the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The curriculum is made up of 3 Prime Areas and 4 Specific Areas of learning. All areas are important and inter-connected and centre around the individual needs of each Unique Child.
The 3 Prime Areas
- Communication and Language - Listening and attention, Understanding, Speaking - Click here
- Physical Development - Moving and Handling, Health and Self Care - Click here
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - Making Relationships, Self Confidence and Self Awareness, Managing Feelings and Behaviour - Click here
The 4 Specific Areas
- Literacy - Reading and Writing - Click here
- Mathematics - Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure - Click here
- Understanding the World - People and Communities, The World, Technology - Click here
- Expressive Arts and Design - Exploring and using media and materials, Being imaginative - Click here
Click here to link to The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage