Image of the Child
All the staff have worked together to create our image of the child and as a team we work together to ensure that our curriculum and the experiences we offer support this image.
Confident and Independent
- I can do things by myself.
- I am confident and independent in new situations and when trying out my own ideas.
- I enjoy taking risks, engaging in new experiences.
- I am curious when I see something new.
- I like to understand how things work.
- I am inquisitive and like to find out how, where, why…
- I am eager to explore the world around me.
- I show high levels of energy and interest.
- I will keep on trying until I do it!
- I am eager to be involved in my own learning.
- I want to learn new things and new ways of doing things.
Creative and Imaginative
- I can think of my own ideas and try them out.
- I show high levels of fascination.
- I like to find new ways to do things and sharing these ideas with my friends.
- I use my imaginations to learn about the world, create and pretend.
- I persist and never give up finding new ways to do things.
- I am encouraged and supported to think of ideas to solve the problems I come across.
- I try out my ideas and learn through trial and error.
- We celebrate when I’ve done it.
A Good Communicator
- I can listen to others.
- I can share my thoughts, feelings and ideas with others through gestures, expressions and words.
- I am able to share and explain my ideas.
- I like to share my experiences with others.